1) There is an article on The Havelock North Village Press March 23, 2000,
New Zealand, on Reef Balls. See it at http:/www.reefball.com/NEWZE.htm
2) Southwest Florida Fishing News published a Reef Ball Update on Page 10
in the April 2000 issue. (Manatee and Sarasota County)
3) Another Reef Ball submerged breakwater to protect a beach is expected
to be installed on the north coast of the Dominican Republic.
4) Reef Ball is working with The Barbados Marine Parks Assoc.
"The first objective is set up a MMA on the south coast of Barbados & I am
happy to say that we have received wide spread Govt support & are almost
at the end of phase 1 where this was a critical objective as well as
collecting all of the necessary data & info. Phase 2 is about to begin
where the real work begins i.e the round tables, press, fund raising,
public meetings, education etc. etc. We also want to have some
demonstration projects in place and running by the end of Sept 2000. We
want to use Reef Balls extensively throughout the MMA and feel that it
would be a good idea to use them in the early stages especially in the
4) A P.H.D. student at CINVESTAV Mérida in México. I will be working on a
scientific project on juvenile groupers at the coast of the
state of Yucatán and plans to use Lo-Pro sized Reef Balls in the study.