1) Reef Ball signed a new authorized contractor today which will help us
cover the European Community, North African Coast of the Mediterranean,
The Arabian (Persian) Gulf, and the Red Sea.
The Company is call Marilim, “A Company for integrated sea and coastal
Dipl.-Biol. Thomas Meyer
Wischhofstraße 1-3, Building 11
FON: +49 (0) 431 72070 81
FAX: +49 (0) 431 72070 85
2) Ride Innovations reports progress on a new Bay Ball mold design which
will include a wider, funnel shaped, opening at the top to allow for
easier casting when using concrete truck shoots for filling.
Additionally, the built in spacer is now larger and lower in the mold
eliminating the need for one tether ball.. This new mold style, presuming
testing goes as planned, should be reflected on Bay Ball molds purchased
3) Reef Balls will be deployed in Naiper New Zealand on April 14th as a
kick off project for Reef Ball New Zealand, Inc. an Reef Ball authorized
contractor. The kick off will be filmed by a European film crew for
distribution in the Netherlands.
4) Reef Ball staff are planning a trip to Sarawak, Malaysia at the end of
June to assist in the expanding project to protect sea turtles.
5) The Reef Ball Foundation is donating some Reef Balls to CEDAM
(www.cedam.org) for on going research on Reef Balls in Dominica. CEDAM
plans to seed some Reef Balls with hard corals and others without the
seeding treatment to study differences in growth of the fouling
communities over time. CEDAM is a volunteer scientific organization.
Labor for the donated Reef Balls is being provided by the Reef Ball
Coalition (www.reefballcoalition.org) and concrete is being donated by
Castaways Dive Resort of Dominica. www.castaways.dm