1) Reef Innovations has confirmed that the Kirbo Memorial Reef (consisting
of over 600 Reef Balls) will be constructed in at least two locations.
One location planed is St. Augustine Florida at the Lighthouse and the
construction will be available for public viewing.
Another construction site will be in Jacksonville, Florida. There will be
many public groups participating in the project including high schools,
research dive teams, county artificial reef programs and many others. The
reef will demonstrate a variety of new and innovative techniques for
constructing Reef Balls to meet specific end use goals. Stay tuned for
continued information on this exciting project.
2) The Reef Ball Foundation approved a grant for a Reef Ball project in
3) Reef Balls are being investigated for use in Antartica to study
pollution effects on marine invertebrates in the Antarctic.
4) 2 Projects in Kuwait are currently considering Reef Ball systems for
use in the Arabian Gulf.
5) Reef Ball staff will be attending the International Conference on
Artificial Reefs in Italy...if you would like to meet with Reef Ball
representatives, they will arrive several days before the conference. You
can arrange an appointment by contacting the Reef Ball office at
6) Several new videos of Reef Balls are being place on the Reef Ball
7) Reef Ball staff will be in Cancun, Mexico from this Friday until next
Tuesday....contact the Reef Ball office if you would like to make an
appointment for a visit.
8) Here's some food for thought...
"The nations only hurricane tested and hurricane proven artificial reef
systems, scientfically designed and engineereed as the most stable and
effective "stand-alone" manufacturered Reef System"...any reef builder can
say this, only Reef Ball can prove it....beware of false and misleading