1) Les Debrouillards is a French children's show in Canada that will air a
segment on Reef Balls in an episode about the many wonders of "It
2) A Resort in Fiji is considering the purchase of Reef Ball mold systems
for a project.
3) 2 more Reef Ball molds where shipped yesterday to Indonesia.
4) Reef Innovations now has 33 Reef Ball molds set up inside a large
building in the Jacksonville Waterfront district (across from the Gator
Bowl)and casting for the Kirbo Memorial Reef will begin on Monday. Reef
Innovations can be reached on their moble phone 941-650-2519.
5) The Fall edition of UnderWater magazine will have an detailed article
on Reef Balls. Subscriptions are free! Here's contact information for
Daron Jones, Editor
5206 FM 1960 West, Suite 107, Houston, TX 77069 USA
800-457-6459, (281) 440-0278, Fax (281) 440-4867
6) The Reef Ball office is adding Digital Hi-8 editing and output
equipment to the offices this week. If your needs include broadcast
quality Reef Ball footage we should be better equiped to handle your
7) Scuba monitoring was conducted yesterday several Reef Ball Reefs in the
The Sarasota Sport Fish Anglers Club reef had very low visablity (less
than one foot) but divers still observed an incredibly diverse community
of sponges and other attaching organisums has taken hold with hieghts up
to 6 inches off the balls (in just one year).
The Pequenaconck Middle School Plaque made of bronze was still highly
Offshore on the "M-4" Reef Balls, visability was much better (30 feet) and
the team observed fish concentrations that where higher than the
monitoring teams have ever encountered before in this area. Divers
encountered massive schools of pelagics including Spanish Mackerel,
baracuda, jacks, and many other. Also observed were abundant reef
associated species including grouper, snapper, angelfish, jewfish (one
jewfish was estimated at 6 feet in length), flounder, and many more.
Growth was also excellent.
Have a good day!