1) Reef Balls were deployed in Sarasota Bay yesterday. The Reef Balls
were provided by Reef Innovations, The Reef Ball Foundation and Eternal
Reefs. Deployment was donated by Duncan Marine.
2) The Reef Ball Foundations expects to approve a matching Grant for the
Northern Marianas College
Marine Technology Program Reef Ball project in Saipan. The initial goal
is to build 90 Reef Balls for research and study. Our long term goal is to
duplicate the process on Tinian and Rota.
3) The Living Classrooms Foundation, The Reef Ball Foundation, The Reef
Ball Development Group, Reef Innovations, the Virginia DNR Artificial Reef
Program, an association of Concrete Producers in Virginia and the
directors of Virginia Tech's Institute for Connecting Science Research to
the K-12 Classroom will meet at the Hotel Roanoke from 2:45 - 4:00 on
Monday February 28th to discuss a possible statewide educational project
involving the production of Reef Balls by students for the Artificial Reef
Program. This is a preliminary meeting.
4) A full page article about the Reef Ball Coalition’s eco-tourism trips
involving the building and deploying on Reef Balls in in the February 2000
Southwest Florida Fishing News, page 10.
5) The Reef Ball Foundation and BREEF (Bahamas non-profit organization)
are meeting in Sarasota tomorrow to discuss marine reserves and other
common environmental efforts.