1) We have now posted the EPA article (about Reef Balls under Docks) at
http://www.reefball.com/charharb/epa.htm so if you don’t want to wait for
re-prints you can read it now!
2) Reef Innovations has moved production operations back to Sarasota,
Florida and is now set up and producing Reef Balls in Sarasota.
3) There will be a Reef Ball booth set up at “Take Pride in Okkeechobee”
on April 1st at the Army Corp facility in Clewiston, Florida. This is in
conjunction with the Reef Ball project which is placing 100 Reef Balls in
Lake Okkeechobee this spring.
4) An Oyster Ball mold will be sent to England to make Reef Balls for use
in public Aquariums.
5) NMFS has set up a hotline for reporting Jewfish sightings at 1 800
367-4461. When you are diving Reef Balls, please keep an eye open for
these majestic fish. They are especially looking for smaller individuals.
Look for a rounded tail as a clue that the grouper you see is as Jewfish.
The smaller individuals often have a patchy coloration of black and white