1) The Reef Ball Development Group staff has returned from exhibiting at
our sixth DEMA Show in New Orleans. We always enjoy seeing all of our old
friends and making new ones at these shows. We had strong interest from
Belize, Sabah, the Keys, Guam, Mexico, Japan, Venezuela, Canada,
California, Mississippi, Florida, England, and Guatemala (among others).
The year ahead is looking very busy indeed!
2) The Reef Ball Staff will be in the Keys this weekend for some
monitoring, a possible project, and a little R&R.
3) We are planning a trip to Belize in early February for a demonstration
pour of a Bay Ball and to kick off a community based project partiallly
funded by the Reef Ball Foundation.
4) We will have representatives at the Miami Boat Show Feb 11-14. Please
contact the Reef Ball office at 941-752-0169 or firstname.lastname@example.org if
you would like to set up a meeting.
5) The Miami Boat Show will be preceded by the Annual Meeting of the
Recreational Fishing Alliance on Feb 10. Emphasis this year will be on the
introduction of their documentary on the destruction caused by certain
commercial gear types and their campaign to get them removed from US
waters. Call 888-SAVE-FISH (888-728-3347) for more info.
6) Reef Ball has received an authorized contractor application from the
Maldives. The RB Board is reviewing the application.
7) Kevin Wilson of the 4H Club (Sarasota) is putting together a program to
involve 4H Club kids in the creation of their own reefs. Program is
scheduled to begin in May '99.
8) While at the DEMA Show, RB Staffers met with fellow diver Lauren
Hutton. She has agreed to allow Reef Ball the use of her image in print
and on the Web. Our thanks go out to Ms. Hutton. Her image will be on the
9) To those in contact with the Reef Ball office, Please note that Todd
Barber is taking a two week leave of absence, however he will be checking
his e-mail periodically (email@example.com). Alternate contacts are Jay
Jorgensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathy Kirbo (email@example.com).