1) New pages have been posted about the Turks and Caicos project, see
2) LATEST NEWS FROM AUSTRALIA (& Indonesia)
Newmont in Indonesia have purchased a Bay and Pallet Ball mold. They have
contracted Green Marine through Sinclair Knight Merz to go over 20 July
and do a site assessment, construction/deployment training, and make sure
they are maximising the benefits for all involved. Will be onsite for 12
days in Manado. They plan to continually make modules and deploy them,
but once I'm there I will be able to report on the details.
SOUTHERN CROSS TRAIL
Underwater World in Mooloolaba successful deployed two BBs to help
towards completion of the Southern Cross Trail, sponsored by the Body
Shop, Underwater World and GMI. The trail is principally for divers and
in the formation of the Southern Cross constellation and now has 3 BBs on
it. The two BBs took four attempts due to weather but three TV crews were
there including Body Shop reps and they absolutely loved the BBs.
Underwater World is now in the process of getting permits for a
snorkelling reef which we aim to construct for the Olympics. Underwater
World would like to order 30 more Bay Balls.
3) Reef Balls will be deployed by 4-H on July 30th at the 10th Street Ramp
in Sarasota Flordia (10:00 am). An article/Pictorial about the project is
in this week's Pelican Press.
4) Presentation to Dive Club on Thursday night at Orlando Reef Divers, 4th
Fighter Group, East Colonial Drive, Orlando, Florida at 6:30 P.M. Subject:
Reef Ball Foundation and activities.
5) A Marine Biologogy intern, Tara Jerussi from the University of Rhode
Island has started work with the Reef Ball Foundation and Reef
Innovations. She will be working in many aspects of Reef Ball programs
6) Reef Ball Coaltion is setting up another project in St.Lucia this week
and will build and deploy 10 Reef Balls to kick off the project.
7) The State of Virginia's DNR will build and deploy Reef Balls this year
as part of their annual program.
Have a great week.