1) Coastal Reef Builders, Inc. was awarded a contract for 120 Ultra Sized
Reef Balls to be installed in the coastal waters of the State of Georgia.
2) Reef Balls will be used in Lantana Florida in an upcoming project,
details to follow later.
3) The Reef Ball Coalition will begin it's summer program of educational
activities and Reef Ball building with it's partner The Living Classroom
Foundation next Tuesday in the Turks and Caicos.
4) www.reefballrocks.com officially opened the website today. Reef Ball
products for aquariums are currently in very limited supply but increasing
stocks are expected over the next several months.
5) "Jim Fowler's Life in the Wild" which will begin airing September 2000
is researching a story on Reef Balls, possibly in conjunction with the
Turks and Caicos summer program of the Reef Ball Coalition.
6) Negotiations are nearing final stages for between 600-1000 Bay, Pallet
and Reef Balls to be deployed in Sarasota & Tampa Bay (Sarasota and
Manatee Counties) around Oct 30th of this year by the National Estuary
This project is estimated to increase bio-mass in the Bays by 260,000 to
400,000 pounds per year. That's more than a million pounds of fish in the
next five years and with an expected life of over 500 years, these reefs
could potential add nearly a billion pounds fish to the bays. (plus lots
of other marine life too!).
Have a great day!