1) A paper presented at the Kuwait Conference on Scuba Divers and the
Environment by RBDG CEO Todd Barber is available online at
(http://www.artificialreefs.org/ScientificReports/KuwaitConferenceArabicAbstract.jpg for the abstract in Arabic)
Although geared toward projects by scuba divers in the Arabian Gulf, it
has a great deal of useful information for anyone planning a Reef Ball or
any type of designed reef project emphasizing proper goal setting as the
basis for successful reef building. A full power point presentation is
also available to accompany the paper by request but it is over 4 megs.
2) Todd Barber appeared on "Good Morning Kuwait" during the conference and
the 20 minute video is available for download at
http://www.artificialreefs.org/videos/video.htm It is in Arabic and
3) The Deployment for the Kirbo Memorial Reefs in Jacksonville and St.
Augustine will be from June 2-5th. A full press release will follow
tomorrow in the listbot update.
4) New photos from Reef Ball projects in the United Arab Emirates and
Kuwait will be posted to the Photo Gallery at www.artificialreefs.org
tonight. Sections are also being added for Kids, a Coalition Trip, and
5) New parts where shipped for Reef Ball molds to the Boy Scout High
Adventure Sea Base in the Florida Keys and an article is expected in today
or tomorrow's Florida Keys Keynoter.
6) Reef Balls were deployed successfully last week in Virginia by the Reef
Ball Coalition and an 8th grade school class. See
www.reefballcoaltion.com for details.